Landlords Insurance

At Portfolio8 we like to give our clients the best service and as such we have teamed up with one of the largest independent insurance brokers in the UK.

As part of our partnership, our clients are able to benefit from their award winning, price beat guarantee landlords insurance policy.

Get a quote: 01603 649739.

Get a quote: Visit Website.

  • Five-star rated buy-to-let insurance
  • Products and service independently rated 98%
  • Malicious Damage cover included as standard
  • Cover for HMOs and student lets
  • Options additional covers added to your quotes, such as landlord content insurance, rent guarantee insurance, legal expenses and home emergency

What does Landlord’s Insurance Cover?

Landlord insurance products can differ dramatically, which is why it’s essential to compare policies and make sure they are right for you and your situation. The most essential cover is buildings and contents; however, landlords can take out additional insurance policies to cover against:

  • Damage to your property by the tenant
  • Non-payment of rent
  • Emergency overnight accommodation for the tenant
  • Emergency repairs
  • Liability for loss or injury related to your rental property
  • Loss of rent or costs of alternative accommodation if your tenants have to move out following an insured event

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I insure any type of property?

We accept self-contained dwellings let to single occupants, couples, bed-sit accommodations with shared facilities and houses in multiple occupations (HMOs). We can also insure most commercial and part-commercial let properties at competitive rates.

Quotations for commercial let properties are not currently available online, please phone or email us. Hostel and B&B type properties, care homes, nursing homes and properties catering for specific disadvantaged, vulnerable or problem occupants cannot be insured on the scheme policies, but we may be able to offer a quotation on an individual basis.

Can I insure my buy-to-let properties if I have had previous claims?

Occasional claims are acceptable at normal terms. When you request an online quotation you will be asked for details of relevant claims.

Do I need landlords’ contents insurance if I let my properties on a part-furnished basis (e.g. with carpets, curtains/blinds and domestic appliances)?

No, such items are automatically included within the definition of ‘buildings’ in our landlords’ policies. There is no need to arrange separate landlords’ contents insurance in these circumstances.

How do I know the rebuilding cost of my let property?

You can get guidance on rebuilding costs at the BCIS website, but you should seek professional advice if unsure of the correct figure. We can assist you with calculating rebuilding values for straightforward properties.

What about injury to tenants and other people?

You are covered for legal liability to third parties up to £5 million for any one incident, this is landlords’ liability insurance.

What type of tenants are acceptable?

Providing that your tenancy agreement is directly with the tenant, unemployed persons, students, and those receiving housing benefit / allowance are all acceptable.

Will my cover continue when the tenant moves out?

Full cover will operate for a period of up to 90 days, subject to you taking certain precautions. Please refer to the Summary of Cover or Specimen Policy Wording for precise details of the precautions.

Portfolio8 - Property Investment